3 Day P402
Asbestos Surveying & Sampling Course
£575 (plus VAT) + £160 BOHS examination fees - eLearning included
To provide background and practical knowledge in the surveying of buildings for asbestos and to provide general guidance on management procedures necessary to minimise exposure to any identified asbestos. The proficiency level module provides the student with the practical knowledge and skills to carry out the stated work, and the three-day course concludes with BOHS invigilated assessments.
All our training is delivered by industry-experienced tutors and is in accordance with BOHS syllabus and HSG 264. The BOHS proficiency certificates (P-certs) are internationally recognised qualifications.
Suitability – Who should attend?
This qualification is applicable for both experienced and relative newcomers to asbestos surveying as a foundation for basic knowledge. This is the minimum recognised qualification for those undertaking asbestos surveys.
Pre Course Requisites
All pre–reading material and training documents will be sent to delegates prior to course commencement along with access to our award wining Asbestos Awareness & Duty to Manage online courses.
Any queries can be sent via firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our industry experienced trainers will reply accordingly.
3 days classroom training with written and practical assessments ‘Asbestos Awareness & Duty to Manage’ eLearning course is to be successfully completed prior to course commencement.
Candidates who pass the examination and assessment within 12 months will be awarded a Proficiency Certificate in Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings.
£575 + VAT
£160 (no VAT) BOHS assessment
In-house options and group bookings available. Call the team on 0870 751 1880 for a bespoke training package.
The syllabus is structured into five sections. Time allocation for each section is also displayed below.
1. Introduction and Legislative Requirements 5%
2. Asbestos in Buildings 25%
3 Risk Assessments and Management of Asbestos 15%
4 Bulk Sampling and Personal Decontamination 20%
5 Practical Work 35%
Note: Reference is made in this syllabus to HSE guidance and other documentation. These may not be the most up-to-date relevant publications from HSE/other sources and are intended as guidance for candidates only.
NATAS Terms and Conditions
- Booking a place on one of our training courses is very simple. All bookings can be made via our website by completing the appropriate form and submitting.
- Before booking onto the course, please ensure you have read the course content, to ensure the course will meet your training needs and that you are able to meet pre-requisites, where stated.
- If an individual other than the named candidate completes a course registration/booking form, it is the responsibility of the employer to ensure the candidate is suitable for the course and has the relevant experience
- Upon receipt of your booking form, and subsequent payment your place(s) will be confirmed.
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date and an administration fee of £40 plus VAT has been paid.
- If the individual named on the booking form is unable to attend, and cannot or does not wish to transfer their place to another candidate, a percentage of the fee paid may be accepted as payment towards a place on the same or another course that takes place within 6 months following the originally booked event. The amount of the course fee transferred is displayed below.
- In the event of cancellation of a course by NATAS, we will endeavour to inform all participants 2 weeks before the course is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All course fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or the payment will be transferred in full to another NATAS course. NATAS shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the candidate.
- A buffet lunch is provided on all full day courses unless otherwise stated. The cost is included in the price quoted. Any special dietary requirements need to be notified in writing to NATAS in advance of the course commencing